Choices Healthcare are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Service Manager to operate our new Supported Living Service for a variety of client groups with varying needs, with the aim to support and develop the life skills of our residents and prepare them for independent living.
Preferred candidate should come from a similar background with experience in leading a team to look after mental health and learning disability clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the project and provide leadership and management of the supported living service which provides the highest level of support to the residents. We currently have few homes, with scope to setup more, within which the Service Manager will utilise his/her management experience, knowledge, and skills.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out assessments, observations and other sessions including reviews, undertaken with immense sensitivity and respect, with the aim of always reaching the best and most appropriate outcome for each resident
- To lead, plan and help any new residents that may be admitted to our service
- Managing contracts and referrals from the local boroughs and other official bodies
- Working with other professionals to ensure that all support needs of the clients are met at the highest possible standards.
- Implementing policies and procedures for the project, as well as ensuring that CQC regulations and other relevant legislations are met.
- To monitor and ensure that the homes conditions are safe and risk management issues are quickly flagged, reported, and resolved where necessary.
- To conduct regular training and reviews with staff.
- Ensuring that records are kept and logged appropriately.
- Will have at least two years' experience working in a similar background.
- Will have knowledge of how to operate supported living service with a good understanding of Ofsted grading, CQC regulations and other relevant legislations.
- Will hold a Degree/Diploma in Health and Social Care or Social Work
- Will be experienced in guiding and supporting the staff team.
- Will need to be prepared to register with the CQC as the Service Manager
- You will need to be a people’s person, with the ability to work with people from different walks of life, having a positive mind-set and compassion are essential for this role
- Will have full driving licence and own vehicle.
What we can offer:
- Annual salary between £28-30k (depending on experience and qualifications)
- 28 Days Annual Leave Entitlement (Inc. Bank Holidays)
- Enrolment into company pension scheme
- Working with a supportive team with a caring approach
Working at Choices Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work in a sizable, diverse, and successful organisation where people can develop their skills, knowledge, and better understanding of the job. There is room for professional development in a supportive and flexible environment, in addition we have excellent training and a development scheme within the organisation.
If you meet all the above stated criteria and are interested in the post, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply with your up-to-date CV and we will be in touch to discuss in further detail.
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent